My commitments to the people of the Colne Valley
The majority of people in the UK say that they don’t trust our MPs. Through honesty, transparency and hard work, I want to rebuild your trust and faith in politics and politicians. If you elect me in 2015, I ask you to hold me to account for the commitments I make below:
- I will be your full-time MP, with no paid jobs outside of Parliament.
- My constituency office will be open and welcoming. I will work closely with local advice agencies and Kirklees councillors to ensure your problems are dealt with promptly.
- I will hold regular surgeries across every ward of the constituency and a Consultation Week every year to hear the views and concerns and respond face-to-face to the questions of people from all sections of the community and every part of the constituency. I plan to be an MP who is always available to you.
- I will donate 10% of my salary to local charities every year.
- I will continue to live in the heart of the constituency to stay close to people in both the Colne and Holme Valleys.
- I will regularly take part in discussions and events at work places, schools, colleges and community groups to help bring politics alive to people across the constituency.
- Every month I will volunteer with a local charity, community group or public service, so that I keep in touch with what is happening on the ground.